Sunday, September 5, 2010

Excited

If you know me at all, then you know I am almost never without my camera in hand... I have even mastered holding Emma and getting the shot I want!  I love all things photography related.  I can't help it.  It's in my soul and for me, to capture the perfect moment is like living that spectacular moment over and over and over again.

Recently, I have been sharing my love for photography with friends and it has been well received.  I have been photographing my family, my friends, their kids, their friends and even a family pet or two.  It has been such an exciting adventure and I am so grateful to each and every one that trust me enough to get in front of my lens.

I have had a few things in the works for fall, and it seems that they are all going to pan out perfectly.  I really couldn't be more excited.  However, in the last week, I have been asked to do senior pictures for quite a special young lady, E.  She is someone that I have known for years, because I basically grew up at her house.  I babysat her and her brothers and sisters for what seems like forever!  So much so, that when I left for college and told my friends about them, I referred to them as my babies (*tear* I can't believe they are all grown up)!

I felt very much like part of their family and my family considered them family too.  And, though time, distance, and life pulled me further away from them than I would have liked, I still think of them as family.

Needless to say, when I first got the email about possibly doing senior pictures, I was beside myself.  I could hardly contain my excitement!  And then, after talking to them, I am even more ecstatic!  E and her mom already have a very clear idea of what they and, and more importantly, what they don't want.  They are up for adventure and trying different things, which is exactly what any photographer wants!  We have already talked about a road trip and capturing E naturally... as opposed to some of the super, posed, sometimes stuffy pictures that you can sometimes wind up with.

I am so looking forward to spending some time with them and getting the perfect shots!  I know that it is going to be an awesome day for me, and hopefully, it will be just another perfect day in E's senior year.

I can't wait to post some of my favorites here!

No comments:

Post a Comment