Monday, September 13, 2010

Coxsackie Virus

Emma came home from school with a note today... A note about a confirmed case of coxsackie virus within her school.  It completely freaked me out to begin with because I wasn't exactly sure what in the heck this is.  But, after a little research, I have come to the conclusion that it is basically Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease.  Correct me if I am wrong because the internet does provide misinformation.

We have been exposed to this before, and survived it without too much grief.  But, I am hoping to avoid it this time.  I seriously don't think I can handle it.  I really need Emma to stay well right now.  It would really help me survive these tough weeks of morning sickness.

And, another thing, this note informed me that there was a confirmed case at her school, but not whether or not it was in her class.  So, I'm not really sure how direct her exposure to it has been.  Not that it would make that big of a difference to have these details, but I just like knowing.

I guess, now, we will just hurry up and wait to see if it will strike our household.  I worry that it might because we are all exhausted from this past weekend, Emma especially.  It was fun, but busy, which means that bedtimes sometimes got forgotten.

It's too late now to fret over lack of sleep, though, so the only thing on my side is a prayer that we will be spared from illness.  Hope that you and yours are all well and good!

No comments:

Post a Comment