Monday, August 23, 2010

A New Addition

I am so excited to announce that we will be adding another member to our family!  His name is Colten, and we are so excited to welcome him!

We are lucky to have him, and let's be honest... he's lucky to have us!  Just kidding, Colten... a little.  No, we are all really excited to welcome such a wonderful guy to our family.  He is kind and funny, and most importantly he loves my little sister... Not an easy feat.  Kidding Jena!

He proposed to my baby sister on Sunday, August 15, and our world has been rocked ever since... rocked in a good way!  Jena and Colten have been dating for a while, so we have all been anxiously awaiting this day.  We just didn't know that it would come when most everyone would be out of town.  My parents were in Iowa and I was in Birmingham.  Jenn, Justin and Laila were the only ones that were home and got to the ring, oh and, the happy couple!  Lucky dogs.  I had to wait until Friday and it just about did me in!  I can honestly say, though, that Jena was still radiant.

However, in true girly fashion, the plans have already begun, the details already being hammered out.  Since this is the last of the weddings my parents will be hosting, you can bet that perfection will be achieved!  The best just won't do for this event.  It will have to be the best of the best.  And, I think we have all made it our personal mission to ensure that Jena and Colten have nothing but the best!

I am so excited that I get to be a part of the planning and the whole experience.  I loved planning my wedding, and I have told Jena several times that she may have to remind me that this is HER wedding!

The wedding is still months away, and already I get teary-eyed over the details... which Jena yells at me not to cry because then she'll cry!  We both wind up crying and laughing simultaneously!  I can already tell that this is going to be a fun, but watery experience!

Oh, and, since she doesn't blog, you can count on me to share all the details... or at least the ones she'll let me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment