Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just a swinging


What a fun weekend we had! Emma and I went to 'the city' to my parents's house. And Chuck had a fun guys weekend playing in a golf tournament.

While at my parents', Emma and I welcomed Pop home from his summer business trip and just had a blast! We played outside with Laila all morning and Emma found a new favorite pasttime...

SWINGING

As you can see, it brought much joy to her...

And a little terror, maybe...


But mainly joy, especially to everyone who was around to watch...


Okay, maybe not everyone...


Laila decided to 'help' Emma out, literally and figuratively. She told Pop, "Emma Cate (pronounced EN Cate) wants out. She get out." To which Pop replied, "Don't you want to give Emma Cate a turn?" Laila said "Uh-huh," let Pop push her once and tried again... "Emma Cate wants to get (pronounced GIT) oooout."

When that still didn't work...


Laila decided to take another approach... showing Emma Cate the dog, Maddy. She would say, "See Maddy. See Maddy. Emma Cate wants to get out to see Maddy." At two and a half, she knows how to work the system!

And even when that didn't work, she tried yet another angle... she said, "Pop, I want to go to my house." Pop said okay, but then she looked up at him and said, "I want you to come with me!"

DING! DING! DING!

That was the correct button. Pop got up, got Emma Cate out of the swing, and headed off to play with his girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment