Friday, October 29, 2010

Five Question Friday

Friday... Thank goodness.  Hoping that the weekend and next week bring about brighter days!  After surgery on Tuesday, I decided to head home on Wednesday.  It was tough sitting in the car two plus hours!  Then, when I did finally manage to get home, I found that Emma had a 102.6 degree fever.  I gave her some Motrin and tried to get her to take a nap because I needed one too.  She wouldn't give it up, so we didn't nap.  She sat in my lap and tossed and turned and fidgeted and wore me out.


Luckily, Chuck came home and cooked supper for us.  While supper was cooking, I began taking the front off of Emma's crib so that I could put a toddler rail up.  I wanted to make it a big deal and have a little party, but when I went to get her, she was asleep on the couch.  But, I had to go ahead and change it because, as much as I love her crib and wanted to keep her in it, I just couldn't.  When I'm not pregnant and haven't  just had a surgery that limits the weight I can pick up, it is a hard crib to get her in and out of.  So, now that I have a bit of a belly and I'm not supposed to lift a whole lot, it really was hard to get her in and out.  

Anyway, it was a good call, because we were up and down all night.  Her fever kept spiking causing tremors.  Plus, she kept telling me that her feet and hands hurt.  So, I laid down with her for a good part of the night.  Thursday didn't bring much relief either.  Her fever kept jumping up as soon as the medicine started to wear off and then she threw up.  We went to the doctor that afternoon.  They checked out everything and still couldn't determine what was going on.  The doctor did notice pus covering her throat and thought it was strep.  Two strep test and another type of test later, we still couldn't figure out why she had a 103 degree fever.  

Our pediatrician was about to have the nurses do a catheter so they could check her for a urinary tract infection when she ordered blood work... It was terrible too.  I had to help hold Emma down while the lab tech drew blood.  It was horrible.  When those results came back, it showed that she didn't have a bacterial infection, which was good news... No cath to check for a UTI!  Thank goodness!   

Finally, the diagnosis we got was some type of viral infection.  Something that we just have to wait out...  We are still waiting for it to completely pass.  Emma was much better today, but far from 100 percent.  It makes me sad that she is so sick.  I wish I could just take her illness and pain away.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better!

So, on to Five Question Friday...  Which I am glad to be at home writing.  Yes, I hate we are missing the ballgame this weekend, but Emma and I NEED the break... especially after the week we have had!




1. If you could be a fly on any wall, which would you choose?

Hmmm... good one.  As much as I think I would like to be on certain walls, I think it is in my best interest to stay off the walls.  You see, I know that I would get my feelings hurt.  Whether it be because something was said or done that would hurt my feelings or because nothing was said about me... I was forgotten.  Does that sound self-important?  I don't mean to.  It's just that if I were to be on someone's wall it would be because I thought that I was or should be being discussed, for whatever reason.  Oh geez, this just keeps sounding worse.  Anyway, I'm staying off the walls.  End of discussion.  

2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting?

Um, what's that word... bud-get? Wait just a second while I look that word up.... Okay. So, here we go.  Unfortunately, I don't budget.  I really should, and with a second child on the way, I'm going to have to learn how.  Chuck gives me a figure that I need to keep it under and I try to.  And, usually, I do pretty good... I think.  

3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done?

It wasn't a true fad diet... I just can't seem to stick to any of those.  But, I have created my own crazy diets.  For instance, for a while I would eat 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 8 oz of skim milk for breakfast.  Then, I would eat 4 oz of plain tuna on a slice of wheat bread with 1/2 oz cheese and water to drink.  And for dinner, I would eat a salad and have a few cocktails.  Obviously, this was pre-children and husband.  I would also work out to the point of almost passing out and if I got too light headed at the gym to drive home, I would eat a piece of candy that I kept stashed in my gym bag for such instances.  It was craziness!  I'm so glad that phase of my life is over!

4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of?

Sex and the City... Every season, every episode.  At least 20 times each.  It is my favorite series ever.  EVER!  I still pull out the DVDs and watch it again.  I seriously can't get enough.

5. What one song always pulls at your heart?

There are two.  First, "Let's Stay Together."  Chuck and I danced to it on one of our first dates... December 30, 2005.  It was dancing to that song that I knew I loved him, so it gets me every time.  Especially, if he isn't around!

Second, "I Saw God Today."  That song came out when I was pregnant with Emma.  Have you heard the words?  Okay, then.  Enough said.  

Happy Friday! 







No comments:

Post a Comment