Saturday, November 6, 2010

Five Question Friday... On Saturday

Seriously, is it really Saturday... NIGHT?  Where did this week go?  Where does all the time go these days?  Anyway, sorry I'm late with FQF.  What's sad is that I didn't realize that it wasn't even Friday anymore!  Gees... I really need to slow down and pay attention.  

So, some not-so-noteworthy news for you... I am about to add some new things to my blog.  Some things that I have had in the works for months, but just haven't had the time to get them up.  Stay tuned for that!

On to important things, though... Five Question Friday! YAY!



1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?

I would definitely be a singer/musician!  I really like to think that I can sing as it is, and well, Emma seems to like hearing me, oh and Chuck once told me that I sang pretty, so maybe there's a future!  I doubt it, but a girl can dream!

2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?

Without a doubt I want a house at the beach!  I have wanted one for as long as I can remember.  Plus, we are putting the finishing touches on our little cabin in the woods, so I really think that I need a beach house now!  :) 

3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?

Yes and No.  I had our children's names picked out before I got pregnant... Even before we got married or even started dating.  You see, I have had my children't names picked out since forever.  Emma was supposed to be Jack if she had been a boy or Annie Michael if she were a girl.  I even called her "Jack or Annie" for 16 weeks until we found out that she was a she.  Then, Chuck told me he didn't want to use the name Annie Michael.  I was pretty upset, but survived.  Obviously.  So, I made lists and lists and lists of girl names and Chuck would go through and mark out the one he didn't like.  It was through this process of elimination that we came up with Emma Cate.  Later I discovered that my Great Great Greatmother's name was Emmaline.  That was one of my choices, too, but Chuck would only agree to Emma.  I wanted to name her Emma Tate Alderman, but then I looked at her monogram and it was EAT.  I just couldn't do that to her.  Kids can be cruel enough as it is.  What if she had a chubby phase and I sent her to school with EAT on her shirt!  Wasn't happening.

4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)

Right now, it is reading.  I love it.  It lets me escape reality for a little while.  Not to mention that I'm a dork and just enjoy reading.  I would so much rather read than watch the movie version of something.  

5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?

Currently, I am living in a house that is one misplaced item short of a disaster.  I cannot seem to get my act together.  I have been editing pictures constantly here lately.  If I'm not taking care of or playing with Emma, I am editing.  Housework has fallen by the wayside, which drives me insane.  Hopefully, though, I am almost caught up with editing and I can get back to my regular schedule.






Happy Friday Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment