Monday, March 1, 2010

Thoughts...

Wow!  It's March already.  Emma turned 14 months on the 23rd of February.  I can't believe how fast she is growing up!  Her favorite words right now are 'Stop' and 'Sock.'  She still doesn't have any teeth!

My photography class ended tonight.  I hate that it is over, but I am looking forward to the Advanced Class that I will start in two weeks.  I have some adorable pictures of Emma that I'll post soon from this class.

I haven't blogged published a blog post in a while.  I have begun several, but can't seem to get it all out of my head and typed... Dinner, Emma, Chuck, Laundry, Meiko, etc. have all required me to leave a post mid-thought and by the time I return, well, my mind is way past what I was writing about in that moment.  Speaking of moments, I am really trying to live in the moment and enjoy it.  It's going pretty good.

I am not doing as well, however, on being a better me.  I have been slacking and reverting back to old, familiar ways.  They are comfortable.  I am really hoping to do better in March.  Clean eating, adding in a little exercise, trying to take advantage of every single moment of the day.  These are things I want to do better at. We'll see how it goes.

Meiko, my Yorkie, has been sick.  Vomiting and diarrhea... So not fun to clean out of a kennel.  I almost barfed doing it.  He seems to be feeling better, though.  Thank goodness.  After all he is my first 'baby.'

Things have been busy with my website, www.theaquaowl.com.  I am very excited about it.  I had planned on posting some new photos tonight, but I can't find my card reader.

I bought a new sunless tanner tonight.  Glow Fusion.  Ever heard of it?  If so, tell me what you think.  I am so sick of being pasty.  Hopefully I won't look like a striped pumpkin.  I was going to apply it tonight, but decided to blog instead.

Been feeling quite stale spiritually.  I don't know what is up with me.  I don't like feeling this way.  I need to get my Bible out and do some reading.  I have got to start making time to have a 'quite time' in my day.  I pray every night and throughout the day, but I need more.  I feel like I am talking to myself and no one is listening.  I know that it is my fault.  I have grown away from God.  Not intentionally.  I can't say that I really love the Church that we attend (when we do go).  I can't put my finger on what it is, exactly, but something isn't right (for lack of a better word to describe it)


I just noticed a sign above my sister's closet (I am sleeping in her room tonight while I am visiting my parents); it says "Find your song and sing it."  I like it.  But, it begs the question... What is my song?  How will I know when I find it?

I hope tomorrow is a pretty day.  I am so ready for Spring!  I can't wait to go outside and play with Emma.  She loves 'side,' as she calls it.  We have been taking advantage of the beautiful days we have been having.  She loves to ride in her wagon.  She will sit for hours as long as you are pulling her.

Better get some sleep.  I am going to need all the energy I can get.  Emma is into everything.  I love it, though, and wouldn't trade it for the world!