Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cloth Diapering

I've had to resort to cloth diapers today. Not that I ran out of diapers or anything... But because my sweet baby's bottom is in a mess!

He is teething and the 'teething booty' has attacked! The poor little guy has the worst diaper rash ever. It started Sunday. He pooped and when he was wiped, his skin just rolled off. Seriously. His bottom was, and still is, raw and bleeding. And every time he poops, it just gets worse.

I've quit using wipes and just use wet bath cloths. I've tried every diaper cream out there. They just make it worse. So, today I called the doctor for advice.

Their suggestion was a specific kind of cream, no wipes and let his bottom 'breathe'. So, that's what we're doing. And praying it works.

I can not handle it getting any worse. It makes me sick to my stomach to look at it and think about how painful it must be for him! Poor baby!

So, here we are... In cloth diapers until his bottom heals. And, I have to admit, I kind of like the idea. Who knows, maybe I'll like it!

Take a peak at my first and second attempt... Definitely need some practice!

3 comments:

  1. Poor babe! Diaper rashes are the WORST, you feel so bad and there's just only so much you can do to help. I hope it clears up soon!

    And on another note: I just accepted the award over on my blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! I hope he is doing better by now! My cousins little girl had a really bad diaper rash a few months back, it was to the point of blistering and bleeding. She tried every kind of diaper rash cream out there also and the ONLY thing she found that worked was the Lanolin that you use for dry, cracked breasts while breastfeeding. She said she applied it one morning and by that afternoon it had cleared it up. She was shocked at how fast and well that it worked. Just something to keep in the back of your mind to possible try later one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! His bottom is better. Thank goodness. I am just making sure to keep his bottom coated with some type of barrier cream!

    ReplyDelete