Friday, December 2, 2011

Kindness

I was in Wal-Mart the other evening with both kids. I only needed one thing, but you know how it is in Wal-Mart... One thing always turns into at least ten.

Anyway, I was strolling along with Jack strapped on my chest in the Baby Bjorn and Emma in the buggy, making my way through the store. And, being the holiday season, Wal-Mart was a mad house. So, as I was strolling along, I was having a pity party in my head... I was tired, frustrated, and just having a moment. You know the ones... Where you feel unimportant, unneeded, etc...

Finally, though, at least ten items later, I headed to the check-out lines, which were four deep. As I was standing, waiting my turn, an older gentleman approached me. He walked up smiling and my first thought was 'what has Emma done!?!' (She has a tendency to draw attention to us when we are out in public.)


Anyway, he approached carefully and said excuse me. So, now, I'm thinking that he needs help finding an item. But he continued by saying, "I just had to tell you that seeing you with your kids tonight was worth my trip to town." He continued, saying, "They are beautiful and you are too. I have enjoyed seeing a beautiful family while I was out."

I thanked him several times over and held back tears.

God knew that I needed that tiny bit of acknowledgement right then. And He put that stranger there.

Those few words of kindness truly brightened my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment