Friday, January 29, 2010

Internet...

I love it, but I hate it.  Had a post all typed up and ready to post yesterday and my internet quit on me.  I didn't get too upset because I thought my post had saved... Not so.  It is gone... lost... floating somewhere in cyberspace.  Ugh!  I hate when that happens.

Anyway,  all I was saying is that I can't believe how fast the week has flown by.  I mean, seriously, it's Friday!  I feel like yesterday was Friday!  Time is just becoming a blur.

So, what have we been up to?  Let's see... Visiting family, photography class, coming home from visiting family, doctor appointments, trying to fix my internet, working on my website, laundry, house cleaning, and just catching up.  Whew, I am a tired just trying to recap it.

What? Photography class?  I haven't mentioned it?  Let me tell you about this!  It is a non-credit course offered by a local community college.  I have only had one class meeting, but so far, it is fabulous!  I really think that I may become even more obsessed with photography than I already am.  I truly feel like this instructor, Deanna Knight, knows her stuff, and not only that, knows how to teach it!  That's the big thing!  She is 'self-taught' and knows how to help us other 'self-taught' photographers.  I can't wait to go to class next Monday night.  It feels so good to do something for ME.  For a few hours every Monday night for the next few weeks, I have to let go of being wife and Mommy and just be Jessica, student, wanna-be photographer.  Not that I don't miss Chuck and Emma like crazy, because I do, but it is a nice change of pace.   I look forward to learning a lot about photography and making some new friends!

Now, what else?  oh, my website... The Aqua Owl... I am excited to say that it seems to be ready to go!  More details about that coming soon!  But for now, let me finish catching you up...

So, what's new with Emma... well, she took her first steps on December 12, 2009.  It was exciting and sad all at the same time.  My baby is growing up so fast!  Since then, she has walked when she wanted to, but not all that often.  In the last week, though, she has started walking everywhere!  I can hardly keep up!  It is so much fun to see the look on her face when she does it... she is so proud of herself.  And, of course, I am proud of her too!

She is also saying more words.  Most recently she has said 'dog' 'moon' 'bubbles' 'sock' 'shoe' 'cat' 'bird' and many, many more!  She babbles constantly and is so animated.  I wish I knew what she is talking about!

Teething... We are still in the midst of it.  I guess.  Emma doesn't have a single tooth yet!  So, I don't know if it really is teething.  But, she definitely has her moods!

Now, to Chuck... He hasn't been up to much, just working, hunting and being Daddy.  This past weekend, though, he did get to go to New Orleans to see the Saints and Vikings play for the NFC.  I have to admit, I was a little jealous that I didn't get to go.  But, I know that he had a great time and deserved a trip like that.  So, I did my best to put my jealousy aside and not give him a hard time.  He brought home some pretty cool souvenirs for Emma and me, which we love.  He's pretty sweet like that.

For now, though, I've got to run... I hear the dryer calling my name!

Happy Friday!