Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

This seems to be the song that so many people I know are singing today.  After Christmas vacations and time spent with friends and family, today is the day that most people are returning to work and their usual routine.

Being a Stay-at-Home Mom, I thought that I would be somewhat 'immune' to this.  Wrong!  After 2 weeks of being off work, Chuck had to return today.  I didn't realize how quiet our house is when he isn't around!  Even though I have a 1 year old and all of her toys singing and talking or whatever they do, it is still quiet.  And, he helped cook, clean and care for Emma while he was off work; so now, I am back to being in charge of all those things.  I didn't know that I would be singing the same tune...

I have so much I need to get done today, but I am finding myself a little lost in the silence.  I definitely didn't expect this.  How are you coping with returning to your reality???