Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Bachelor

Okay, admit it, this is your guilty pleasure.  You can't wait for Mondays just so you can watch... Right?  I knew I wasn't the only one!

Seriously, though, do you watch?  I admit that I have been roped in, again.  I am three episodes in and already deciding who I like, who I think is crazy, etc., etc... Well, actually, I made those decisions the moment that the girls stepped out of their limos.

I admit that I didn't watch Brad, the Bachelor's first run, so I don't have much to say about that.  I do wonder, though, why he would go back on the show again... Really, why go back to living a millionaire with women throwing themselves at you all the while traveling to amazing locations and having private concerts by well-know artists?  Why wouldn't you sign back up????

No matter the reasons for coming back, I can't say that I blame the guy.  Before I found my sweet hubby I considered going on the show.  I didn't really believe I would find love, but I did think it would be fun to experience.  But I never applied for the show... Chuck and I have considered lying and trying to get on the show together.  Just kidding.  We did talk about how much fun it would be to get to travel and live like that with someone else footing the bill.

Anyway, back to my point... the girls!  I have to admit that I love Emily... how could you not?  She seems so sweet and her 'story' is touching and she is from the South.  How can you not fall in love with her?   I am so voting for her to be the next Bachelorette!  No matter what, you can't help but want the best the this young woman.

Then there is Michelle.  I admit that I didn't like her at first.  But then, she started to grow on me.  Just as this began happening, she began acting all crazy!  Or, at least that is the way she is edited to appear.  I hate it for her, too.  But, part of me can't help but think that maybe she is taking this 'role' and playing it for all that it's worth.  What do you think?  Is she crazy?  Is it just editing?  Or, is it a bit of both?  I don't know, but I can't help but question if she really thinks that the Bachelor is worth it, since she has know him for like a week or two.  It's a little early, to me, to start planning the wedding... especially since she knows that he's involved with other women.  Come on, woman!  Get yourself together!

Anyway, one of the girls that I was glad to see go was Madison.  This girl is into vampires.  And, I'm sure it is just something 'fun' that she is into, like I'm into photography, but it was portrayed as her 'identity.'  It was just a little weird for me.  I will say, though, that I am impressed that she took herself out of the equation in an effort to be fair to the other girls that were more emotionally invested than she.  I think I would have been selfish and stayed as long as possible so that I could live up the experience!

Some of the other girls that I like... Lisa, from Kansas.  She won me over the first night with her beautiful royal blue dress and 'Ruby slippers.'  I totally think Brad is wrong for her, though, because he didn't get the whole deal with the shoes... You know, Wizard of Oz... Dorothy and the ruby slippers... Kansas.  He totally missed that.

And then there is Ashley S., the Southern girl living in New York, working as a nanny.  I was unimpressed with her groping the Bachelor as soon as she got out of the limo... She must have lived in New York long enough to loose that little bit of Southern Belle class... We don't do such things, at least not on national television on first meeting!  But, I have since forgiven her for it and am beginning to really like her.  She's cute and still has enough of the Southern charm left to capture your heart.

Sure, there are many other girls left, but, really and truly, they haven't made enough of an impression on me yet... There were two girls eliminated Monday night, and I can't even recall their names... There are still several there that I don't know their names.  I don't think that speaks well for how long they will hang around. I guess we shall see!

Happy Saturday!  Try not to wish away your weekend so you can get to Monday night! ;)

Oh, and please, tell me your thoughts!  Who do you love?  Who do you love to hate?

1 comment:

  1. I can honestly say that I haven't watched the show but my girls do. I can definitely see how easy it would be to get hooked. I already have 6 shows on Tivo already so they keep me busy. Us women and our guilty pleasures....LOL.

    ReplyDelete