Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another Baby Update

Monday seems like it was a million years ago! This week has been dragging on... Much as I expected.

I went to my doctor appointment Monday with high hopes that he would induce me Tuesday. But, as I kind of knew, no such luck. I hadn't progressed much and he didn't feel that I would really be ready on Tuesday. He told me I could be stretched, but he didn't want to do that and then send me home because it might encourage labor, and well, labor while on the road is never a good idea.

As we continued to talk, he felt that I wouldn't make it another week and that when I did go, I would go quickly... I had Emma in about 5 hours.

I was pretty disappointed because I am miserable and ready to have this baby. Plus, I knew that if I told Chuck the truth about what he said, he wouldn't want me to come home and risk going into labor two and a half hours from the doctor. He would want me to stay at my parents'. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and I love being at their house, but I feel guilty when I am there so much and away from home. I don't like Chuck going a long time without seeing Emma (and me), plus I feel like I am taking advantage of my parents. I know they don't feel that way and love helping out with Emma. I just feel bad.

Anyway, we kept talking and my doctor said that he was on call all weekend. He also said that if I came in and had been having contractions, he wouldn't send me home. The more we talked, it became pretty clear that I would be having a baby this weekend. Whew! I didn't think I could last any longer!

So, on Friday, I will be having a baby! We are all so excited! I have been home since Monday trying to finish up anything and everything possible. I'm at the point of unpacking and re-packing my hospital bag! I think I'm ready.

I can't believe it's almost here! And, I can't wait to meet my sweet baby boy!


Jessica Alderman

www.myhappily-ever-after.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Good luck! I hope it goes fast, like your first. My first I was induced and it took 19 hours... No fun, but I did go much faster the second....

    ReplyDelete