Friday, October 30, 2009

Busy, Busy

It's been quite the busy week here in my happily ever after...

Emma is crawling and pulling up everywhere and on everything!  And, she keeps me runing now that she has discovered the dog's bowls and that we have stairs.  Yes, I have a baby gate to keep her off of the stairs, but she is steadily trying to find a way around it... or over it.  She has discovered the dryer and likes to watch the clothes spin in it.  The laundry room is also where the dog bowls are, so she like to play in them while in there.  Luckily, she isn't interested in eating the dog food, but she is intruiged by what happens when she turns over the water bowl. 

A new favorite thing for Emma is to play under my new kitchen table and chairs.  She like to crawl over and under the rungs (or whatever they are called) on the bar stools.  This morning, though, while crawling through her very own maze, she got stuck.  A melt down ensued and I had to try to rescue her.  I wound up having to move the entire table out of the way so that I could lift the chair off of her.  She was screaming like I have never heard her before.  So loud that Chuck got out of bed to come check on her. 

Also this week, we went to get part 2 of her flu shot.  However, once we got there, waited an hour, finally got into a room, then AND ONLY THEN were we informed that they were out of the vaccine.  Talk about annoyed!  So, since we had already made the trip, and Emma had been extremely whiny all week, I had the doctor check her ears.  She has pulled on them constantly since August... She didn't have an infection, but there is still fluid on her right ear drum.  We have a follow up visit with our ENT on Tuesday, so we'll see what her has to say.  There is a chance that we could be doing tubes next week!  I was so gung-ho about it in August and the first part of September, but now, I don't know... I just don't want her tohave to be put to sleep.  She was hurting and miserable a few months ago, but since we were able to clear that up, she has been okay.  I guess I will just have to trust God to give our ENT the wisdom to make the right call for Emma.  So, please say a prayer for us and for our ENT.

To go along with my whiny baby, I also had a sick dog this week.  My little Yorkie, Meiko, was so sick to his stomach.  He vomited for two days.  I don't know if he ate something he shouldn't have or if it was just a case of the nerves.  I am glad, though, that he seems to be feeling better.  I had to bathe him every day, wash his blankets on disinfect his kennel.  It was awful!  Oh, and, one night, he hid under my bed before I could get him kenneled.  I decided to just let him sleep there instead of waking Chuck while trying to get Meiko out from under the bed.  BAD CALL!  I was fumbling around in the dark trying to get in bed and I stepped in a little surprise... Meiko had puked in the floor by my bed and it was still hot.  EEWWW!  Then, as I tried to get out of that mess, I stepped in another pile of puke that was cold... And, yes, I am gagging as I share this with you.  Yes, you're very welcome for the details!

I have also been busy sewing this week!  Well, technically, I have been appliqueing, but close enough.  I have been at it like a mad woman.  I will post pictures soon!  I am supposed to be making bibs for the Vardaman Sweet Potato Festival, which is next weekend, but I just can't focus on them.  I am way too wrapped up in making t-shirts for Emma.  And, I did make her a pair of pants to go with one of her tops.  So, actually, I did sew! 

But, I am so frustrated with this one font I have.  It's called Finlee, I think.  Anyway, it will not stich right.  It screws up not matter what I do.  Ugh!  And, it is an adorable font that I would really like to use.  So, if any of you have any suggestions for me, please send them my way!  I am at my witt's end with it.  It has ruined several things that I have been working on.  I know I should just stop using it, but I am stubborn, and determined that this font WILL submit to me!  Okay, so maybe I need to take a break from it. 

Anyway, I should be getting in bed.  i need to get up early to pack to go see Granna and Pop tomorrow.  I am taking Emma to a Halloween Carnival in their area.  I can't wait to put her costume on her again!  She is so cute in it!  I can't believe that it is my sweet baby's first halloween!  And that she is 10 months old!  Where does the time go? 

Well, I better get back at it so that I am not up all night!  Have a safe and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment