Thursday, September 10, 2009

If You Can't Say Anything Nice

... Don't say anything at all.

How many times have I heard this saying?  And, how many times have I said this myself? 

So, for once in my life, I have been taking my own advice. 

The past few days or so have been so discouraging and frustating.  Why?  Well, for a whole host of reasons.  Several, I won't go into, but part of it was exhaustion.

With Emma being sick, I have been stressed and worried about her, which has led to me not resting well.  And, now it seems I have let myself get worn down and overcome with allergies!  I usually stay on top of preventative care, but I missed the boat this time.  Ugh!

So, with all of that I have been in a less than cheerful spirit.  And it seems that everything looks bleak when you feel bad.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

Along with all this, I have also been trying very, very hard to focus on being a better Christian.  Why does it seem that the harder I try, the harder it becomes?  I am convinced that it is the devil at work trying to keep me from strengthening my faith.  I know that the Lord never promised that it would be an easy walk, but he did promise to always be with me.  It just seems that the devil keeps trying to use my own human nature against me.  Know what I mean?

I have been trying to set aside a time for my devotional.  And, I do really well for a while, then 'life' takes over.  Which, that doesn't make sense when you think about it... What is life without a Savior?  And, to really have life with a Savior, you must spend time with Him.

I recently read the book The Shack.  It is a fantastic book that really opened my eyes to the way I have always thought about God.  And, since then, I have really been trying to figure things out... Not like figure God out, because I know that isn't possible.  But just figure out what I believe, understand it, and be able to share it.

So, as I prepare for 'the road less traveled,' there may be more frequent periods of quite.  I just want to take time to be still and quite so that I can truly listen.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment