Sunday, January 22, 2012

If, Then



Remember those little things back in grade school... If A = B, and B = C, Then A = C? What were they called?  I can't remember... Don't want to remember... I had totally forgotten about them until dinner the other night.

Emma and I were sitting at the table, eating dinner, when she reminded me.  We were having a healthy, nutritious dinner of Little Caesar's Pizza, when she pointed to the box and started telling me 'who' was on it.

First she said, "Look, Mommy!  There's Daddy" as she pointed to the D.  Next she found her letter, the E. She also pointed out Laila, my niece's, L.  She went on the name some others, like P for Pop, and C for Cameron.  Then she pointed to the H and said, "Look, Mommy!  It's Chester (Granna and Pop's horse)!"

I told her no, that C is for Chester and H is for horse.  She replied by pointing to the H again and saying Chester.  I kept trying to explain... to no avail... to her that C, not H, is for Chester and that H is for horse.  Every time that I would point to the H and say horse, she would say Chester.

Finally, after several exchanges like that, she looked at me with disgust and said, "But Mommy, Chester is a horse." Well, then, there you go. 

Because, the rule states that if H = Horse, and Horse = Chester, well, then H must = Chester.   Right?




No comments:

Post a Comment